|Job Title:||DAH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
(TECHNICAL SERVICES COORDINATOR)
Complete the required State of Arkansas Employment Application found on the www.arstatejobs.com website. Locate the job posting and click “apply for job”.
For more information
Debbie Biggs email@example.com
Jamie Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
Functional Job Title: DAH Program Coordinator (Technical Services Coordinator)
1. Class Summary: The DAH Program Coordinator works under the direction of the Federal Programs Manager and is responsible for providing constituent services in the AHPP Technical Assistance Program. The position is governed by agency/institution policy and state and federal laws.
2. Scope of Work:
- Provide technical assistance regarding the repair, restoration, maintenance, replacement and alteration of materials, features and systems in historic buildings, structures and sites.
- Interpret and review architectural drawings and specifications for state and federal grant projects and Section 106 building-related projects to assure conformance with the Secretary of the Interior Standards.
- Advise and consult with building professionals, constituents, and government agency representatives regarding proper methods and materials for restoration and rehabilitation work to historic properties.
- Conduct site visits to assess damage and deterioration of historic properties and advise owners regarding proper corrective measures.
- Serves as member of the AHPP Courthouse and Historic Preservation Restoration Grant review committee.
- Manage the agency’s conservation easement program by coordinating the donation process, disseminating information, conducting the review of plans and specifications related to easement properties, and facilitating or conducting periodic monitoring of the easement properties.
- Advise AHPP staff regarding matters related to the repair, restoration, maintenance and replacement of building materials, features and systems.
- Providing limited architectural and interior design services, reviewing architectural plans and specifications. Develop methods of promoting and/or improving program.
- Disseminate literature and information by printed materials and public speaking engagements on specific topics and technology associated with historic preservation.
- Plan and conduct workshops and informational sessions regarding historic preservation technical issues.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
3. Working Relationships: The DAH Program Coordinator has regular contact with agency personnel, the general public, and state and federal agencies.
4. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret and apply the principles and techniques of historic preservation as per the Secretary of Interior’s Standards of Rehabilitation.
- Ability to interpret and apply the principles of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Working knowledge of the process and principles of the National Register of Historic Places.
- General knowledge of architectural, construction and design principles.
- In correspondence and presentations, ability to tailor communications to a wide variety of recipients and audiences.
- Ability to interact with the general public, architects, contractors, local, state and national elected officials and staff either through detailed letter writing, telephone, or on-site visits.
- Ability to comply with existing guidelines for tax credit program and technical review program.
- Ability to plan, organize and conduct meetings and workshops.
5. Required Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in historic preservation, history, English, education, general business, public administration, or a related field; plus two years of experience in a specific program related area.
6. Preferred Qualifications: The formal education or experience in history, historic preservation, architecture, design or construction. Also, the ability to read and understand architectural blueprints, manufacturers shop drawings and specifications are important.
7. Special Requirements:
- Frequent travel, with occasional overnight and weekend travel.
- A pre-employment criminal background check is required as is
- A valid Arkansas Drivers License.
- This position is also subject to drug screening.
8. Location of Work:
Arkansas Historic Preservation Program
1100 North Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
This position offers a full benefit package including paid holidays, annual and sick leave, health and life insurance and retirement.
Click here to view job description pdf