We are the Arkansas Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
Based in Washington, D.C., the AIA has been the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857.
With nearly 300 state and local chapters, the AIA serves as the voice of the architecture profession and the resource for our members in service to society.
To view and download AIA Arkansas’s 2016-2020 Strategic Plan, please click here.
- provides continuing education, aiding architects in maintaining their license;
- provider of AIA Contract Documents;
- offers networking opportunities with members of the design community;
- hosts an annual convention and trade show;
- promotes design excellence through our Design Awards program;
- and advocates for the architectural profession at all levels of government.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
The mission, vision and values statements combine to form an internal and external image of the organization; distinguishing it from other associations. Nationally, AIA relies on the three statements. AIA Arkansas has used only a mission statement:
The mission of AIA Arkansas is to develop, promote, and sustain the practice and practitioners of architecture.
The vision of AIA Arkansas is to enhance communities through design excellence.
The board of directors and staff are guided by these principles in carrying out their duties:
- Environmental Stewardship
- Member Focus
- Ethics and Integrity
- Community Involvement