AIA Arkansas Blog
The Architect will create preliminary design and planning of various projects for Education, Research and Healthcare on UAMS campuses state wide.
- Assist Space Planner and space requestor in completing space requests.
- Designs, documents and manages projects as assigned. Manages consultants and fees.
- Develops and Manages project budget and scope.
- Use lean planning processes for project that are to be constructed.
- Participate in and manage the work of consultants in execution of the project.
- Ensure participation of internal departments in the meetings to gain their project needs.
- Assist the Facilities Planning and Design group to manage, design and present non-project initiatives.
- Assist the project team with graphics and documentation.
- Reviews and recommends actions for all A&E funding requests.
- Reconciles and acquires approval for all budget issues prior to construction beginning.
- Reviews all use of design contingency to meet department rules and provides Vice Chancellor of Campus Operations with appropriate request prior to proceeding and in a not to extend schedule.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture. Minimum five years of professional facilities planning and design experience. Registration as a professional architect in the State of Arkansas, or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment. American General Contractors (AGC) CM-Lean Construction certification or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
All interested candidates visit https://jobs.uams.edu & apply to requisition # 2017-40100
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities & protected veterans, & is committed to excellence.