Job Functions / Responsibilities
1. Develop and Implement Changes to Prototypical Documents – Be the expert on prototypical sets of drawings and manage the process of maintaining, updating and improving the set.
– Schedule work and intermediate deadlines with team members and consultants in order to complete proto changes with sufficient time for review before upload deadline.
– Prioritize change initiatives by impact to the consultant schedule.
– Maintain awareness of critical dates and schedule consultants so the work is sequenced properly.
2. Develop Design Initiatives and Implement Changes.
– Lead the development of architectural and consultant budgets for researching potential changes.
– Monitor development initiatives to ensure process remains within budget guidelines.
– Review development initiatives for accuracy and completeness and present to client.
– Coordinate change implementation with internal program managers, consultants, and client.
3. Quality Control
–Review proto documents and changes for accuracy and completeness.
4. Prepare Documents for Periodic Upload and Archiving.
– Implement Revit family updates for catalog process.
– Maintain Proto File and Folder Structure on the Network
– Download and Set Up of all Prototypes on the Network
– Archive documents as needed.
5. Site Adapt Guidance – Respond to requests for information from Architects of Record regarding proto drawings and implementing changes.
– Assist Project Managers, vendors, and field personnel with information related to prototype components and conditions.
– Consult with site adapt Architects on code comments from jurisdictions related to proto drawings.
EDUCATION: Design Education, preferred. Bachelor of Architecture, Interior Design or formal program of CAD/Revit training.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years’ experience. Prototype experience with an architecture firm preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Highly skilled in Revit , AutoCAD experience preferred. Autodesk Certified Professional preferred.
Personal Characteristics / Proficiency
• Multitasker – Highly organized, with the ability to simultaneously manage and participate in multiple functions/activities.
• Quality – Focused on getting the details right and providing the best results for the client.
• Problem Solver – Demonstrated skill in analyzing problems, determining alternatives, and working out solutions.
• Communication Skills – Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver clear, concise presentations and reports to the company and to clients.
• Sense of Urgency – Responsive and fast paced in style with tenacity and consistency in meeting deadlines and commitments.
• Work Ethic – Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done and to “stretch” to complete projects on time and within budget.
• Team Player – Skilled at working with others as a leader and contributor, facilitating input from team members and developing the best results for the client.
• Circumspect – Collaborate with others to gain a thorough understanding of the situation before taking action.
• Approachable – Upbeat, outgoing and welcoming in personality with the ability to work well with different personalities and professions.
105 NW 2nd Street #307
SGA Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.