AIA Arkansas Blog
Bentonville First United Methodist Church RFQ
Request for Qualifications – Architects
DESIGN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES – Building Master Plan
Bentonville First United Methodist Church (FUMC) in Bentonville, Arkansas is soliciting responses for professional architectural services as related to a creating a facilities master plan for future complex growth through renovation and/or construction of new buildings. The scope will initially be for a lump sum contract with the option to undertake a subsequent building project pending evaluation of completed work or reopen to respondents through a new call for services.
FUMC fact sheet, including an overview of the church demographics, location, history and other pertinent factors are available at the ‘Building Committee’ link at the church website (fumcbentonvile.org).
Deadline for receipt of responses is 4:00pm, Friday, October 16, 2015.
There will an optional one-hour site walk of the current facilities and grounds with the committee chair prior to the RFQ deadline. Please RSVP (479-273-2712) to the church office if your firm plans to attend. Dates for the walks are at 1pm on Tuesday, October 6th and 4pm on Monday, October 12th. Both sessions will begin in the church sanctuary.
Upon review of the submittals by Bentonville FUMC, all respondents will be notified of the firms chosen for interviews via email. A final selection will be made following the interview round.
Address three written copies to:
Chair, FUMC Building Committee
C/O First United Methodist Church
201 N.W. 2nd Street
Bentonville, AR 72712-5269
AND one digital copy with PDF file attached to: email@example.com
Responses should include the following information:
- A letter of introduction, signed by an officer or principal of the firm with contracting authority. Include an email address and contact information – it will be used for all communication related to shortlist, interviews, and selection.
- Current office size, personnel description, and workload. Specific information for staff anticipated to be assigned to this project.
- Prior experience constructing buildings under LEED and/or sustainable building practices
- Similar project experience with churches including worship spaces, classrooms, child care, offices, multi-functional, and gathering.
- Proof of current professional liability insurance coverage ($1,000,000 minimum required).
- Proof of licensure. All firms shall be licensed in the State of Arkansas by the Arkansas State Board of Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers. See http://asbalaid.arkansas.gov for applicable rules and regulations.
- List three References from similar projects including current contact information
Professional services anticipated, but not limited to: Programming, Feasibility, Master Planning, Cost Estimating and Budgeting, Project Management, Schematic Design, Scheduling, Site Development. Services will need to consider site development including traffic flow, exterior, parking, and security; play yards/ courtyards, zoned uses, and future expansions.
FUMC Bentonville encourages submissions from firms with diverse staffs including minority and women owned firms.
All submission materials are the sole responsibility of the respondents for incurred costs and resources. Actual submissions will become the property of Bentonville FUMC upon submission and returned at the discretion of the church after final selections.