AIA Arkansas Blog
Licensed Architect Position
BES Design/Build | Little Rock
We are currently seeking a Licensed Architect to work in our Little Rock, AR office. The Licensed Architect will participate, as a member of the project team, in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications.
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development.
- Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications. Participate in all construction phase activities.
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product elections.
- Review as needed, to ensure the project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance.
- Review and process all drawing/ submissions and consult with all involved to ensure that the design intent is being maintained. Ensure that the project schedules and budgets are accurately being tracked at all times.
- Manage the project team, keeping everyone on task and on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field and at least 6 years’ experience in Architecture or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Architectural license in the state of Arkansas, Alabama or South Carolina is required, additional licenses is a plus.
- NCARB Certification is required.
- Project management experience as well as Commercial and Military design experience preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
- Revit/BIM proficient.
- AutoCAD Proficient.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and rendering software.
Please forward a copy of your resume along with your salary requirements for review.