AIA Arkansas Blog
Central Section ~ April & Upcoming Events
This is an announcement for two upcoming CEU opportunities.
On Thursday, April 17th at 12pm at StudioMain, at 1423 South main Street, we will have an Eat and Educate session presented by Ace Glass on Total Door Systems. The presentation is entitled “Sustainable Design in Steel Integrated Door Systems”. This box lunch will provide one CEU HSW credits. Please RSVP to me, so we have an accurate head count and provide lunches for everyone. Please see the attached write-ups below for further information about the presentations. Please try to arrive a little early so we can get started at 12:00.
The second opportunity will be later in the day on Thursday, April 17th at 5pm at Ace Glass, at 405 Shall Ave, Little Rock, AR 72202 (across from Heifer International building). They will host a repeat of the lunchtime presentation entitled “Sustainable Design in Steel Integrated Door Systems”. Instead of being a box lunch, this event will be drinks and appetizers.
StudioMain can only sit approximately 32 people, so please don’t wait to respond if you’d really like to attend the lunchtime event. For Ace Glass to provide the refreshments please RSVP ahead of time, so they can get an accurate headcount. When you RSVP, please let me know which event you are planning on attending.
- April 29th ~ ADN lecture at Art Center at 5:30. Steve Weisenthal, AIA, FAIA, Associate Vice President for Facilities and University Architect, University of Chicago.
- May 13th ~ Eat and Educate lunch at studioMain with Acme Brick
- May 20th ~ ADN lecture at Ron Robinson Theater at 5:30. Peter Bohlin, AIA, FAIA, 2010 AIA Gold Medal Recipient, Principal at Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
Reminder: You need to pay your Central Section dues to get credit for attending our Eat and Educates and ADN lectures.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Jonathan Opitz, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
100 River Market Ave, Suite 301
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
Sustainable Design in Steel Integrated Door Systems
Learn the fundamentals of Life Cycle Costing. Identify how life cycle affects current costs, future savings and sustainability.
After completion of the 1-hour course, participants will be able to:
- understand code & life safety compliance through testing of an integrated door system
- understand the sustainability benefits of specifying integrated door system through the durability of the steel material and the door system itself
- understand what Life Cycle Cost is and how it affects building owners, contractors and building occupants
- understand how failure rates are affected by the number of components, fasteners and installation